|| Search ||
Job Title: Cad Designer (W2 Contractor)
Hours per week: 40 (On-site 2-3X per week and 8-4/4:30p usually schedule)
Location: Newark, NJ
Duration: 2 year contract
This position has overall responsibility to support the design & coordination of Delivery Projects and Construction’s infrastructure projects. Candidate will be responsible for preparing detailed civil and structural drawings for Inside Plant projects utilizing MicroStation V8i software, as directed by civil design engineers and supervisors. Types of drawings include, but are not limited to: concrete foundation and steel support structures for oil filled transformers, breakers, disconnect switches, A-frames and Dead-end Structures, as well as structural and/or architectural drawings for small buildings, masonry and concrete retaining walls. On call 24/7 in the event of system emergencies. Mostly support plan projects. Works closely with electrical layout folks and civil engineers.
• Prepare complex, detailed civil design drawings and coordinate with Electrical Layout designers, Licensing and Permitting Group, Asset Experts, Vendors, and Project Managers to develop the design in conformance with the project schedule.
• Develop estimates and schedules for preparation of civil design drawings for new and emergency projects.
• Conduct field investigations at substations to verify job-site existing conditions.
• Act as a primary interface with multiple project stakeholders and discipline engineers for Inside Plant projects designed in-house, and assure that company standards are maintained and implemented.
• Review complex Civil and L&P Design drawings for conformance to company standards and applicable federal, state and local ordinances.
• Provide technical support during permitting and construction of projects; resolve complex technical problems and provide solutions.
• Engineering degree or Associates Degree with 6 – 8 + years of industry experience or H.S. diploma with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
• Proficiency with MicroStation or equivalent CAD software for developing 2-D design drawings
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Must have a valid driver’s license (must have reliable transportation for field meetings)
• Familiar with 3-D modeling software
• Experience preparing electrical utility drawings
• Familiar with IBC NJ2015, AISC, ASCE & SCI codes and requirements
• Familiar with Civil Engineering codes – NJIBC, ACI & AISC
• Microstation experience is highly preferred
• Site Design experience
• Someone who is experienced and can hit the ground running
• Storm order drawings experience
**Local candidates (NJ/Metropolitan area)
** Must be able to legally authorized to work in the United States**
** If chosen, prior to hiring a Background and Drug Screening will be Mandatory **
Please apply today. Thank you.