Job ID: 8270
Category: Office Administration
Job Title: Accounts Payable (AP) Coordinator
Date Posted: 2022-10-04
Share this Job:
Position Type: Contractor
Location: Remote work with some visits to Newark, NJ
# of Positions: 1
Job Title: Accounts Payable (AP) Coordinator.
Location: Remote work with travel occasionally to Newark, NJ client location.
Duration: 6 months commitment from Client with possibility of extension (40 hrs per week).
**Local Candidates only
**Must be legally able to work in the United States
Our firm is a contingent labor staffing firm that is seeking a W2 contractor to work as an Accounts Payable (AP) Coordinator contractor for our large NJ based Utility client in Northern NJ.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Perform complex and specialized duties relating to the complete invoice processing and payment cycles processes, specifically, process invoices and payments in a timely manner. Scan and organize documents to ensure auditability. Maintain communications and relations with all clients and vendors, Understand and support departmental strategic objects and goals Review processes and procedures and recommend appropriate changes, including updating process flows and documentation. Ensure Sarbanes Oxley key and non-key control compliance.
ACCOUNTS PARESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Review invoices to ensure accuracy and consistency with check requests
- Process invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Investigate discrepancies and take appropriate action to resolve in timely manner.
- Resolve complex invoice payment issues and provide client support regarding special payments.
- Follow-up with vendors and clients regarding AP related issues.
- Void and cancel checks as requested.
- Perform payment proposal(s), including meeting all payroll deadlines and cutoffs and monitor change and hold requests from clients.
- Assist with 3rd Party Audit support as needed.
- Maintain files in an organized / orderly manner, including scanning as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Graduate with some accounting background.
- 3-5 Years accounts payable experience with emphasis on processing invoices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service and communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative; teamwork, problem solving, planning and organizational ability.
- Attention to detail.
- PC/LAN skills and an understanding of systems.
- Proven level of professionalism with internal and external clients.
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
- Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches and personal choices.
- Knowledge of SAP and FI accounting rules as they relate to invoice processing.
- BA/BS – Business or Accounting
- Experience with SAP / FI systems
- Accounts Payable certification
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements