Job ID: 8265
Job Title: Automation Controls Engineer
Compensation: Commensurate to skill $45/hr. for qualified person
Date Posted: 2020-08-13
Share this Job:
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Denville, NJ
# of Positions: 1
Automation Controls Engineer
Tri-Power Design is a North New Jersey based custom machine automation builder and system integrator and is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer with BS ME or EE degree or higher from an accredited University with experience.
All work is done "in-house" using our manufacturing technology center. Programmers work alongside mechanical designers and manufacturing team on each and every machine build. All machines are custom "one-off" machines that require a concentrated effort with client interaction at the forefront.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Experience required to apply
- Advanced knowledge in PLC and robotics a MUST
- Ability to create, modify and update electrical control schematics and control panel layouts
2. Applicants MUST have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving ability
- Competence to work as part of a team or on their own from concept creation straight through manufacturing, assembly and programming
- Design, debug, of Automation Systems and Machinery.
- Working knowledge of Category 3 safety architecture.
- Ability to research, select and implement a variety of controls components including PLCs, HMIs, sensors, and motors.
- Must have a can-do, team work orientated, collaborative type of work ethic and mind set.
3. Hardware Proficiency:
- Automation Direct PLCs
- Allen Bradley PLCs
- Selection and configuration of variable frequency and servo drives
4. Software Proficiency:
- Ladder logic programing
5. OTHER DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with Epson robots
- Experience with selection and implementation of servo and stepper motors for positioning applications
- Experience with machine vision systems
* Ability to physically wire control cabinets / panels
6. All candidates must have standard computer skilled competency in MS Office (MS-word, MS-excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
7. Competitive salary based upon experience with benefits and retirement plan available. Qualified candidate estimated to start at $45/hr. (but plse note its based on experience / quals) so the start rate may vary. Thank you.
Thank you please apply today!
Tri-Power Design, LLC